Dr. John Law
Media Innovation Studio
ME413, Media Factory
University of Central Lancashire
Tel: +44 1772 892712
Email: click to reveal email@example.com
John’s research interests lie around the internationalisation of higher education, working with overseas partners and Ministries of Higher Education to promote collaborative partnerships and research co-operation, with a focus on MENA and East Asia. John continues to work with SHARE, the ‘European Union Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region’ and also speaks regularly on providing access to higher education for refugees and displaced young people. His role at UCLan involves mentoring colleagues to build a more structured and strategic approach to engaging with research and tendering activities.
- Director of Studies, PhD, UCE, “Managing Visual Communication”, Gurinder Seehra, awarded 2003.
- Director of Studies, PhD, UCE,“Industrial Design within System Operated Product Development”, Karen Bull, awarded 2004.
PhD examination experience
- Examiner, PhD, UCE, “Establishing a design process for museum exhibition design with special reference to science museums” (awarded 2002, Chung-Hung Lin).
- Examiner, PhD, UCE, “Transforming the Designer’s Understanding of the Object.” (awarded 2000, Cristian H. de Groot).
- Examiner, PhD, UCE, “Enhancing the Mobility of the Ageing Population through Human-Powered Mobility Design” (awarded 1999, Philip Hwang).
- External Examiner, PhD, Salford University, “Adapting manufacturing project processes into construction: A Methodology”, (awarded 1999, Michail Kagioglou).
- Examiner, PhD, UCE, “Concept Interface: An interactive Model for Industrial Design” (awarded 1998, Chih-Hsiang Ko).